The following equipment is available for realisation of our projects:
- PC-Workstations under Windows and Linux, Linux-PC-Cluster.
- Relevant software and database systems.
- Two Microcal ITC200. Isothermal Titration Calorimetry (ITC) is a biophysical method for measuring biomolecular interactions. ITC determines all binding parameters (n, K, ΔH and ΔS) in a single experiment.
- Two air-conditioned rooms (7°C and 20°C) are available for crystallisation.
- A molecular biology laboratory (S1) is in operation for the expression, modification and purification of proteins.
- A micro-plate reader is available for enzyme kinetics and assays.
- The group runs a well-equipped chemical laboratory for synthesis of de-novo lead structures or tailored transition-state-analogs.
- The Institute of Pharmaceutical Chemistry provides all necessary spectroscopic techniques (multi-nuclei 400 MHz NMR, 500 MHz NMR, MS).
- Nanotemper Monolith NT.015: Determination of binding constants using microscale thermophoresis. This method is based on the generation of a temperature gradient in a protein solution, which resides in a capillary. The solved proteins move along this gradient (thermophoresis), whereat the magnitude of the motion is influenced by the binding to a ligand.
- A Bruker X8 PROSPECTOR with IµSTM micro focus tube and APEX II CCD detector with Oxford Cryosystems low temperature device for protein and small molecule data collection.
- A MAR-Incoatec MAR345 Image Plate detector with IµSTM micro focus tube and Oxford Cryosystems low temperature device for protein data collection.
- A "Free Mounting System (FMS)" to optimize diffraction patterns of macromolecular crystals by humidity control.
- R-Axis IV and R-AXIS IV++ Imaging Plate detector (Rigaku) mounted on a Rigaku RU-300 rotating anode generator, with mirror optics and an optional cryogenic crystal cooling (X-Stream), for the measurement of X-ray crystallographic data from macromolecules.
We are grateful for acamedic licenses from:
- CORINA Classic Produktlinie (Molecular Networks GmbH)
- KNIME (KNIME GmbH)
- LeadIT (BioSolveIT GmbH)
- MOE (Chemical Computing Group Inc.)
top of the page